Free calls online: everything you should know
VoIP technology allows making free phone calls online with two or more people via an internet connection. This way of communication on the web is extremely useful for remote business teams that have employees working from various parts of the globe. VoIP calls provide users with the possibility to call from a PC to mobile and landline phones, engage in international calls, and stay in touch even separated by thousands of miles.
Services that work with this technology offer a wide range of features for remote communication and collaboration:
- Video and audio conferencing
- Instant messaging
- Screen and file sharing
- Cloud recordings
- Project management tools
- Integration with other platforms
What apps to try?
Since the rise in popularity of video conferencing services and VoIP platforms, development teams from all across the world have created dozens of great apps for online meetings.
The best examples are:
- Skype: a reliable and well-known pioneer in the world of online phone calls
- Zoom: a perfect solution for remote collaboration with a generous free plan
- Dialpad: great for businesses of all types and sizes
- Ooma Office: one of the best options for small businesses and startups
- RingCentral: an effective solution for medium and large enterprises
- Whoosh: an ideal platform for all kinds of online events powered by AI